This publication is the result of a project: Economia sociala – un pas spre unviitor mai
bun, established by a consortium led by the Association of Farmers and Agricultural Workers
(Teleorman County, Romania).
The consortium included:
- The Association Future for Women (Vrancea County, Romania),
- Biosilva Association (Botoșani County, Romania),
- Association Institute for Social Partnership Bucovina (Suceava County,
- Onixalex Association (Argeș County, Romania),
- Association Social Alternatives Millenium (Alba County, Romania),
- Confederation of European Firms, Employment Initiatives and
It compares the historical, cultural and structural background to employment
and employability social enterprises in Romania, Austria and the UK, and
provides a good practice checklist for organisations in these and in other
countries that are setting up or operating social enterprises.